This recipe is from my friend Amber. She tells me her son loves these pancakes.
Gluten-Free Casein-Free Yummy Pancakes
When we first went GFCF, my little guy lost weight. I created a recipe for these "pancakes" that are a powerhouse of nutrition and calories. I make a bunch and freeze them so we can have them on the go if we need to. Delish!
- 1/4 cup of sweet sorghum flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup raw almond or hazelnut flour
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds and/or flax seeds
- 1 tbsp of honey, sugar, or agave (all optional)
- dash of grey sea salt
- 1/4 cup leftover smoothie, or chopped kale, Pom juice, or mashed banana...etc. you get he idea
- 1 to 2 tbsp of coconut shreds
- optional is 1 tbsp of rice flour if you need to thicken it up
- 1 tbsp of ghee (clarified butter)
- dash of cinnamon
dash of gluten free vanilla extract
Melt the ghee over medium heat in a small fry pan. Mix everything else together. Fry it in 2 batches. Makes 2 pancakes the size of your hand. I cut into little squares with the spatula and pop them into a wax paper bag for his lunch. You can sweeten with honey or maple syrup as a treat. Also, you can cook them in coconut oil, but do it over low heat and be patient.
This is worth the trouble and they get easier to make once you have all the ingredients on hand.