Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Full Moon Fever

My kid melted down today. According to the nanny he had a screaming, crying ft at the beach today. Nothing horrible but just a little out of the ordinary for him as he doesn't normally melt down out of the blue anymore. I was really wondering what was going on.

Then Christopher's beloved babysitter Sophia watched him while I went for a run tonight. Apparently he was out of control with her too. Hitting and running and very loud. What's up with that? He had been doing so well the last few weeks too.

Then as I was out on my jog, I looked up in the sky and said ahhhh. I know why Christopher is so out of sorts. It's a full moon. A blue moon at that.

I have no idea what it is about full moons that makes kids so crazy but I remember Christopher's pre-school teacher telling me once that they could always tell when it was a full moon because the whole classroom acted out. God help those teachers. That's all I can say.

I'm just glad the full moon only comes once a month. I have grown accustomed to a calm kiddo and I have zero interest in all that hyperactivity. No thank you!

Does anyone else have any stories to share about their kids (or themselves for that matter) during a full moon phase?

No comments:

Post a Comment