This recipe is courtesy of my friend Janine:
Gluten-Free Thin Mints
•1 cup almond flour
•1/4 cup coconut flour
•1/2 cup sugar
•1/4 cup cocoa powder
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1 stick(4oz) butter, melted
•1 bag(12oz) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
•1 teaspoon peppermint extract, divided
1. Sift together the almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt, and sugar until it’s all mixed.
2. Add in the egg, butter, and 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract and mix until it forms a dough.
3. Roll the dough into a log on some parchment paper and put in the refrigerator or freezer to chill.
4. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
5. When the dough is solid, using a sharp knife, cut out cookies that are roughly 3/8-inch thick. Lay the cookies out on a baking tray(don’t worry if they’re close together since they don’t really really spread)
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven. Let them cool until they’ve hardened.
7. Make the coating by melting the chocolate chips and mixing in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of extract.
8. Lay the cookies onto parchment paper and refrigerate to fully harden. These will keep 2 weeks in the refrigerator.